Top

Brown Recluse Spider

March 14, 2012 by staff 

Brown Recluse Spider, A venomous brown recluse spider bite almost blinded a Texas woman and took part of her ear. Nikki Perez, 21, documented the swelling of her face and the necrosis afflicting her ear over a two week period as the poison took hold, as (gruesome) pictures obtained by the Daily Mail show.

Perez was waiting at the Amarillo airport with her boyfriend Eric and his mom last September, when she felt a sharp sting on the back of her neck.

“Next, I felt something crawling over my face and my eye,” she told the Daily Mail. “I yelled for Eric to help me, and when he saw the spider crawling over my face, he swatted it to the floor and stamped on it.”

Her boyfriend’s mom, a nurse, identified the all-telling mark on the brown recluse instantly: a violin-shaped mark on its back.

Doctors couldn’t do much for Perez until she showed signs of necrosis, or dying skin cells. She took pictures of herself as her head began to swell — so much so that her left eye swelled shut.

“I was going blind … it was terrifying,” she said. “It was spreading all over my head, which actually felt like a bit of a relief as the pain was so concentrated behind my ear.”

When her ear started to literally rot off, she visited a spider expert and spent five days in the hospital, ABC News reported. Doctors surgically removed the dead tissue around her ear and injected her with steroids as her head started to shrink back to its normal size.

Report to Team

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

usspost@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom