September 28, 2010 by Post Team
Blackberry Playbook, RIM confirms rumors of a tablet in the introduction of the BlackBerry playbook, a powerful 7-inch device that offers a 1-GHz dual-core, 5 full HTML browser, Flash 10.1-accelerated video, 1 GB of RAM , 1080p playback with HDMI and two HD cameras, all built on the QNX operating system.
The playbook is connected to all of 250,000 BlackBerry Enterprise Server, providing foolproof security and management and strengthen its appeal to business users. That’s how RIM fits the playbook, first as a “professional tablet ready for business.” But with a full browser WebKit, multitasking and multimedia support, should also attract consumers.
In April, RIM bought QNX, who had been working in the operating system playbook at least one year. The QNX operating system is deployed in automobiles, medical devices, networking equipment from Cisco and other embedded devices.
Dan Dodge, CEO QNX, said the advanced modern operating system, created with multiprocessing and safety in mind. He said that all learning acquired in other applications QNX operating system operating system entered the playbook.
The platform supporting a Java virtual machine to support it seems, many current BlackBerry applications. That addresses some of the questions on the division between the developers of both platforms. Developers also can build applications using WebWorks, RIM’s new platform for developing web applications and packaging them for BlackBerry App World. And they will be able to build applications like Adobe Air applications and 3-D that take advantage of the help the playbook for Open GL.
Users will be able to tie up the playbook a BlackBerry device via Bluetooth. RIM plans to offer 3G and 4G versions of the playbook in the future.
There is no word on the price of the tablet. But is the head of the release in early 2011.
Here is a complete list of specifications:
Key features and specifications of the BlackBerry playbook includes:
* 7? LCD, 1024 x 600, WXGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch gesture support
* Tablet BlackBerry OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
* 1 GHz processor Dual-Core
* 1 GB of RAM
* Dual high definition cameras (3 face to face MP, 5 MP back), compatible with 1080p HD video recording
* Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
* Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
* HDMI Video Output
* Wi-Fi – 802.11 a / b / g / n
* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
* Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
* Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe AIR Mobile, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
* Ultra slim and portable
O Measures 5.1? X7.6? X0.4? (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
O weighs less than one pound (about 0.9 pounds or 400 g)
* Additional features and specifications of the BlackBerry playbook will be shared on or before the date that was launched this product in stores.
* RIM plans to offer 3G and 4G models also in the future.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.