Ben Johnson Wins Gold 100m 1988 Seoul Olympics
September 24, 2012 by staff
Ben Johnson Wins Gold 100m 1988 Seoul Olympics, Here is a note of 11 things that happened on this day in history.
1. 1789 – Congress passes the First Judiciary Act which provided for the U.S. attorney general and the Supreme Court
2. 1908 – The first factory-built Ford Model T is completed which became affectionately known as the Tin Lizzie
3. 1941 – Linda McCartney is born
4. 1957 – The Brooklyn Dodgers play their last game at Ebbets Field
5. 1975 – Dougal Haston and Doug Scott become the first Britons to reach the summit of the world’s highest mountain as they conquer Everest
6. 1988 – Ben Johnson wins the 100m gold at the Seoul Olympics and reaffirms his position as the world’s fastest man
7. 1991 – Children’s author Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss, dies at age 87
8. 1992 – David Mellor resigns as heritage minister, blaming his departure on a constant barrage of hostile stories in the tabloid press over a sex scandal
9. 1996 – The US and the world’s other major nuclear powers sign a treaty to end all testing and development of nuclear weapons
10. 2000 – Formula One returns to Indianapolis Motor Speedway, returning to the US for the first time nine years
11. 2003 – Anthony Hopkins receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.