April 28, 2011 by Post Team
During a flood cleanup, air quality at home may seem like the least of the problems. However, the fact to remove contaminated materials and reduce moisture and humidity may present serious health risks in the long term. Standing water and wet materials quickly lead to, among other things, the growth of mold, many are allergic. Symptoms of mold allergy are very similar to the symptoms of other allergies and asthma, such as sneezing, itching, runny nose, congestion and coughing and wheezing.
“One of the biggest problems facing homeowners is what to do about flooded carpets,” said allergist James L. Sublett, MD, chairman of the indoor environment for the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI). “The tablets may be dried and be thrown away. The carpets should be lifted and dry within 24 hours. In addition, the board wall damage is hidden and if it is wet, it must be replaced over the line of water. ”
Environmental Protection Agency recommends the use of an N-95 respirator during cleaning, as well as goggles, gloves, long pants, long sleeves and boots or work shoes. Everything was wet, but cannot be cleaned should be discarded. They also remind everyone to use portable generators out of place and away from the houses to prevent inhalation of carbon dioxide.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.