October 25, 2011 by staff
All-out justice, President Aquino yesterday promised an “all-justice” campaign against what he called “lawless elements” responsible for the recent skirmishes in Basilan, Zamboanga Sibugay and Lanao del Norte so far has cost the lives of 34 soldiers and civilians .
“We will continue a war, we can continue to justice all war is indiscriminate and led primarily by anger is simple justice and fair .. which is based on the rule of law, and leads to a lasting peace, “Bush said in a press conference in Malacca? ang after meeting with the Cabinet security group.
He stressed that the government is not the MILF later, but only outlaw elements that are contained in the Order of Battle of the police and army.
“We are not interested in the reflex actions that threaten our efforts to address the roots of conflict in the region. Anong klaseng iisip ang pag-lahat ang awayin nagsasabing, sabay sabay, Maski ang nananahimik, sa lahat ng ng Pilipinas sulok , para ka lang ginagawa masabing can, “he said.
Aquino said his decision not stand ignorance, but on the basis of available data.
“The difficult peace process can not be improved by the shedding of more blood and generating more ill will. We have to exhaust all possibilities to achieve peace through dialogue.”
Aquino said that as part of “justice for all efforts necessary” for he ordered intensified operations against criminal elements, urging the public, including critics to understand and support his decision.
“I want to remind everyone that there are those who try to use this incident for political gain and further agitate the public. Hasty decision fueled by a thirst for revenge can only serve to dishonor the memory of the 19 brave men who died last week and many others lost in our efforts to win peace, “he said.
He also asserted that while search operations are underway, the military would remain aware of the safety of civilians.
“Na na sa Maipapangako darating Namin MGA Lingg, isa-Isang mananagot ito na ang kriminal MGA, Tuloy-Tuloy habang naman ang pag-aaruga Natin in SA MGA mamamayang pagbibigay serbisyo ng maaaring maapektuhan situwasyon” he said.
“The iron fist of the state will be exerted on them (criminals) so that justice can be served no doubt that the state will find,. The only remaining question is whether there will be sacrifices to deal with this. Decades of problem . We hope that everyone understands this, and we are confident the cooperation of the citizenry. This is not a purely military or police effort. Our local government and community leaders should help in our efforts to achieve a comprehensive solution to the problems the region, “he said.
The President said that when his condolences to the families of the 19 soldiers who died Oct. 18 in Al-Barka in Basilan, made a personal commitment to do everything we can “to that in the future sacrifices, no longer be necessary. ”
He said that these men who sacrificed their lives to serving the people have the deepest respect and gratitude in the state.
The president also rejected calls to suspend the cease-fire with the MILF, saying that many of the members of the MILF wants peace and some are already helping in the search operations.
“Backdoor channels are being exploited in order to ensure that the MILF knows who we are and then we ask for your cooperation also support the peace process to demonstrate its good will at this point in time for helping to arrest all these lawless elements, “he said.
Two soldiers and four MILF rebels killed in fighting in the town in Zamboanga Sibugay payao, Lieutenant Colonel Randolph Cabangbang, spokesman of the Armed Forces Western Mindanao Command, said.
Cabangbang said four soldiers and an estimated 40 rebels were wounded.
The troops were deployed to the enemy’s position was previously run by two bombings before noon yesterday.
Cabangbang said the first outlet was carried out by two OV-10 about 11 hours payao while the second took place 40 minutes later.
Cabangbang said the bombing targeted “fortified positions and gun emplacements” of the lawless elements led by waning Abdulsalam, who was identified as the head of Special Operations Group in Zamboanga Sibugay MILF.
“The ground fire was intense, that’s why they (the soldiers) called for another strike,” he said.
He said the bombing will be followed by ground operations involving 200 army soldiers and policemen.
Army spokesman Maj. Harold Cabunoc said at least 100 “heavily armed bandits” were entrenched in their bunkers and trenches running. ”
Mindanao lawmakers support a surgical strike against the perpetrators of the ambush, October 18, but a relentless war against the MILF said endanger the lives of innocent citizens.
“A surgical operation to be taken against the perpetrators of this heinous crime. We need to unleash the full power of our law,” said the representative of Nur Jaafar Tawi-Tawi a news conference.
Basilan Rep. Jim Hataman said the MILF leadership must be given to violators of the ceasefire agreement “to complement government efforts.”
Bai Sandra Sema Maguindanao representative said the incident should not degenerate into a war without quarter “because the revolutionary forces came to the negotiating table, they are willing to talk.”
Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago said that if required by “military necessity”, the AFP should be allowed to enter the rebel shelters described by the current ceasefire as “areas of temporary stay.”
Santiago said a new criminal law of the Philippines defines “military necessity” as “the use of measures otherwise necessary to achieve a legitimate objective of the conflict and not prohibited by international humanitarian law.”
Santiago said that if the rule against the invasion of areas of temporary stay is still observed, then the Philippine army would be “so severely hampered in their duties to enforce the law that the Philippines would be flirting with the status of a failed state.”
Aquilino Pimentel III Senator said that peace talks between the government and the MILF should continue.
“I’m from Mindanao, and I know firsthand that the main problem in Muslim Mindanao is poverty. But the answer is not in the fight, but in accelerating social and economic development,” said Pimentel.
CBCP-Episcopal Commission for Interreligious Dialogue (ECID) seat Archbishop Antonio Ledesma urged the MILF to surrender the perpetrators of the attacks so far has killed 34 soldiers and civilians.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.