Alexandre Felipe Vieira Mendes
October 20, 2011 by staff
Alexandre Felipe Vieira Mendes, The former coordinator of Prohibition Felipe Vieira Alexandre Mendes, accused of running over and killing four of them in Nitero’i, in the metropolitan region of Rio de Janeiro, had withdrawn his request for arrest by the courts. The information was confirmed by a spokesperson for the Court of Justice (ECJ-RJ). Mendes, a former undersecretary of state government, was a fugitive. He had been denounced by the Public Ministry (MP) for murder (with intent to kill), personal injury and failure to rescue.
According to the complaint provided by the MP, the former undersecretary of state government for the metropolitan region, driving his car, a Pajero, zigzag, on August 25, when he ran over a woman and her two children in the Road plantation in Mato, in that same neighborhood, in Nitero’i. Then it hit Erminio Costa Pereira, 58, who died after Azevedo Lima State Hospital. He left the scene without providing relief to victims.
The car was removed from the then Secretary of the Mill of Mato a trailer of Prohibition, which ended in the exoneration Eloisa Helena da Silva Souza, coordinator of the inspection teams of Operation Prohibition that authorized the departure of the trailer to the scene that the Secretary was involved.
The magistrate said that TJ is not decided on the abolition of preventive detention.
Understand the case
One day after the accident, Alexandre Felipe did a blood alcohol test. At the time, police had reported that the preliminary results had been negative. However, in an interview, then-undersecretary said that was returning from a party and admitted to drinking half a glass of wine.
In the interview, Alexander acknowledged that Philip was a mistake, but argued that the drink did not affect his senses, and that the amount of alcohol consumed is within the limits allowed by law.
Alexander also said he turned a bicycle and therefore lost control of his vehicle. He said he did not provide relief to victims because they went into shock. His lawyer says the accident was an “inevitable”.
After the accident, the State Government dismissed Philip and Alexander Eloisa Helena da Silva Souza, coordinator of the inspection teams of Operation Prohibition. On the day of the accident, she authorized the departure of the operation of a trailer to the site of accident. The exemptions were published in the Official Gazette on August 30.
The judge of the 3rd Criminal Court of Nitero’i, Peterson Barroso Simon had considered the remand necessary because there has been, by the former secretary, attempted intimidation of police officers who attended the event and there is a risk that this harassment continues during the process, compromising the exemption of the testimony that will be harvested. “By liberty, denounced could do what he has done: seek public machine resources such as occurred when calling the tow truck, as well as influence the collection of evidence on their own or others,” he wrote in the decision.
Other reasons that led to the preventive custody, according to the judge’s decision were: “1) that would have oversight and enforcement of so-called ‘Operation Prohibition” shows that have not yet learned the lesson:’ Do not drink if driving ‘, 2) reported, according to the MP,’ visibly drunk ‘, drove his vehicle running over three people from the same family. undertook flight, omitting help. then hit a fourth victim, who died, 3) the materiality remains induvidosa and there is evidence of authorship, as well as the subjective element – possible fraud, as prosecutors pointed out. “
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.