Al Davis Family
October 8, 2011 by staff
• Al Davis passion for football and their influence on the game were extraordinary. Defined the Raiders and contributed to professional football at all levels. The respect he commanded was evident in the way people listened every time he spoke. He is a true legend of the game, the impact and legacy will always be part of the NFL.
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell the
• From the earliest days of the AFL’s love for the game at and loyalty to the franchise contributed to the success and popularity of professional football. His competitive spirit helped develop the great rivalry our team and the fans enjoy today with the Oakland Raiders. His contributions to the game played an important role in building the strong foundation of the NFL enjoys today.
- Chiefs president and general manager, Clark Hunt
• What a great opportunity you gave me, as it has done in recent years with the coaches of many young people, minorities, many, many players with a second chance he had retired and were returning. He gave a lot of opportunities for great people and I thought that one of them. And me and my family are very grateful to him and his family for that opportunity, although it did not end well, was pretty neat at first. It was one of those deals did not go well at the end but that has nothing to do with today and what this man has meant to many people and the NFL. … He was so ahead of time for exploration contracts when it came to going out and finding players. He changed everything.
- USC coach Lane Kiffin
• During my 28 years with the Broncos, got to know Al Davis as one of the most influential and innovative in the history of the National Football League. His competitive spirit and intensity grew our rivalry with the Raiders in one of the fiercest of all sports. I respected so that the intent of the NFL. He was a visionary who defines the Raiders and had a huge responsibility for the prosperity of this league. I join the family of Al, the Oakland Raiders and the rest of the NFL in mourning the loss of a man who gave much to the game we love.
- Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and CEO
• Our condolences to the Davis family. Al Davis has always been a mainstay of professional football and a leader of one of our most legendary franchises. Their contributions, dedication and vision of things changed for the better. The league has lost one of its great figures of all time.
- Colts owner Jim Irsay and CEO
• In my eyes, so much of his legacy will be defined by the loyalty he had for the men who played for the Raiders and the love she felt for him. That was a bond that extended beyond the years of playing and lasted for life. His contributions and expertise draws on all levels – the coach, general manager, owner and curator. There was no element of the game of professional football why not enjoy at a deep level and full of knowledge and passion. He welcomed me and my family to the NFL for 23 years and was a trusted friend to all of our time in professional football. We will miss him deeply and we are thinking of Mark and Carol at this difficult time.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones
• While I am saddened by the news of the death of Mr. Davis, who always encouraged and enriched by the many personal interactions I had with him in recent years. His victory, his football knowledge, his passion for his team and contributions to the league made him one of the greats of all time. By achieving a high level of excellence with our respective teams and the game itself, we will be honoring the memory of Al Davis.
- Coach Bill Belichick of the Patriots
• Al Davis was a pioneer in the American Football League and National Football League. It was a dynamic force in the merger of the National Football League and American Football League. He built a great tradition with the Raiders. We will miss his innovative thinking. Our condolences to his family and the Raiders organization.
- Jeans founder, president and CEO Bob McNair
• When was a fierce individualist, an important part of football – the AFL and the NFL – for almost 50 years. His teams had moments of great success, and he was very involved, both inside and outside the field. I admired the achievements of the Raiders from Al Personally, I was in love with him. Fought with the NFL, and many of us wished we would not have been that things were, but all that was someone he respected. It saddens me to hear that he’s gone.
- Bengals, Mike Brown, President
• He was an icon, a legend, a pioneer. I am honored that he chose for me the project. It was a great pleasure to be part of the Raider Nation, by all the big teams and players who put in the Silver and Black. You do not know what it means to be a Raider until you’re a Raider, and was his team. He spoke to you not only as an owner but as a coach. It was very convenient. She felt his presence, and he really cared about you and your family.
- Bengals linebacker Thomas Howard
• This is a sad day for the Raider Nation and the NFL. But it is a day to think about all of Mr. Davis did for football. He was truly one of a kind. I respect the way he approached the game, how much he loved her. I have the good fortune to have worked with Mr. Davis for a short period, and I thank you for giving me the opportunity. Playing in Oakland was a great experience for me, something I will always remember.
- Bruce Gradkowski Bengals
Through Twitter accounts verified:
• How exciting was when I played for Al Davis court sitting in the Forum. … A leader, an innovative & a friend. Al Davis went to his own drum & miss you. RIP, Al Davis, 1929-2011.
- Magic Johnson
• Thoughts & prayers are with the family of friends & # RaiderNation. Al Davis was a man whose impact on the NFL # never be forgotten.
- Jerry Rice
• Al Davis, the most unforgettable person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in 31 years in business, died at age 82. RIP.
- Peter King
• Just talked to my dear friend Tom Jackson, former Bronco great Raider-hater who says that people under 30 can now learn about the greatness ofAl Davis
- Chris Mortensen
• Rest in power by winning Al Davis wins baby. U will be missed.
- Snoop Dogg
• I grew up a Raiders fan. My deepest sympathy to the assailants and the family @ Davis. Truly a sad day for football. RIP Al Davis
- Barry Sanders
• visionary, pioneer, warrior. bad day for me.
- Bill Romanowski
• As I sit on the set of @ CollegeGameDay, I am very sad to hear thatAl Davis has died. God rest Al Davis.
- Desmond Howard
• Here’s hoping that Al Davis will be remembered by visionary visionary he was.
- Trey Wingo
• RIP Al Davis. Prayers are with your family / friends and all those Raiders fans out there
- Larry Fitzgerald
• I wonder, Al Davis. He did so much for the NFL as anybody I know. It was great to meet a living legend in recent years. Rest in peace … I was fortunate to have had many conversations with Al Davis and I learned something every time I tried with him. He was taken & undaunted.
- Drew Rosenhaus
• I would like to send my condolences to the family of Davis … Al was a great guy and will always be remembered in the NFL!
- Vince Young
• Al Davis of the Oakland Raiders has died today. great loss to the Raider Nation! Going out to win on Sunday to Big Al Davis! Rest in peace
- Bill Bellamy
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.