After A Girl Was Sent Home In Tears Because Her Dress Was Too Short, Her Mom Wore It To Graduation
June 16, 2014 by staff
After A Girl Was Sent Home In Tears Because Her Dress Was Too Short, Her Mom Wore It To Graduation, 1. Violet Burkhart was sent home from school on the last day of her senior year at Central Davidson High School in North Carolina. The school said her dress was too short.
2. Violet had worn the dress to school before without an issue. Amy Redwine, Violet’s mom, was outraged. So Amy decided to stand up for Violet and wore the dress to graduation.
3. “If I thought this dress was inappropriate, I would have never allowed her to wear the dress,” Redwine told local reporters. “I’m going to wear it in front of everybody and be proud just like she should have been able to on her last day.”
4. So Amy headed to graduation on Saturday, proudly wearing the dress Central Davidson High School thought was inappropriate.
5. Amy wasn’t mad about the dress code, only the way the school handled things. The school district has yet to comment on the controversy.
6. But Amy said her biggest concern wasn’t changing the school’s dress code — she just wanted to make sure Violet’s graduation was a special one.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.