9 Dead In Canada In ‘Senseless Mass Murder’
December 31, 2014 by staff
9 Dead In Canada In ‘Senseless Mass Murder’, An Edmonton man suspected of killing six adults and two young children before taking his own life was well-known to police and had a lengthy criminal record.
But police Chief Rod Knecht told a news conference late Tuesday night that there is no suggestion of gang involvement and the motive for the “senseless mass murder” appears to have been “planned and deliberate” domestic violence.
“It’s terrible for the city,” said Knecht. “The scene … has been described as chaotic, horrific. Particularly when there’s children involved, it has a tremendous impact on our folks.”
Although he did not release the name of the suspect, Knecht said the man had a criminal record dating back to September 1987 involving drugs and violence.
Cyndi Duong, 37, was fatally shot in a home in south Edmonton on Monday while two men and three woman between the ages of 25 and 50, and a girl and a boy – both under the age of 10 – were found dead a few hours later at a home in the northeast.
Investigators have determined the 9 mm handgun used in the killings was a registered weapon that had been stolen in Surrey, B.C., in 2006.
The suspect was found dead by his own hand in a restaurant in the Edmonton bedroom community of Fort Saskatchewan on Tuesday morning.
Autopsies will be conducted on Thursday.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.