2010 Ryder Cup

October 1, 2010 by staff 

2010 Ryder Cup, Let’s look at the bright side: If it’s still raining so for the next three days, the Ryder Cup will stay in the U.S.

Heavy rain caused play to be suspended in the Celtic Manor about 9:45 am EST (04:45 GMT), which means playing the first day is now almost certain that over time until Saturday.

“There was so much volume of water in the streets was unfair and the players really could not guarantee getting any kind of contact with the ball,” said John Paramor, the European Tour’s chief referee.

Even before the weather brought an end to the action, the most notable feature of the game in the morning was the very slow pace. The opening pairing of Lee Westwood and Martin Kaymer, representing Europe and the U.S. team Mickelson Phil and Dustin Johnson completed the first five holes in just over 1 hour, 45 minutes – a step that would put at risk in the tournament’s longest running even before the players were called off the field.

If the delays keep coming, and the event is unable to finish on Sunday as planned, the Ryder Cup will run in until Monday for the first time in the history of 83 years of this event.

“We have Monday as a contingency,” Paramor said.

We will not be here all week, however. If the tournament has not been closed at 6:43 pm on Monday night (when the sun sets), the two captains, Colin Montgomerie and Corey Pavin, have agreed that the result at that time will continue.

Which means we’re a little more than three days in the U.S. keep the trophy in golf more if it is played. In the first five holes this morning four-balls, Europe is leading in three of the four games, with rookie pairing of Jeff Overton Bubba Watson and the only members of Team USA to sustain an advantage, but although the overall score remains tied at 0-0.

Of course, even in Wales, which has no golf course is not likely to happen: The time is programmed to clean at around 2 pm, but the game could start much earlier with European Tour officials should give an update at 1 pm

Sir Terry Matthews, owner of Celtic Manor, said this week that field drainage is so good that it should be possible to resume the game about an hour after the rain interruption.

“As the rain stops, you can move the water and can get the club in the back of the ball and we can move forward,” Paramor said. “Talking to the head greenkeeper and our people, we feel that probably need an hour to push the water to make it better than when we started, so it is our goal.”

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.